Some sites may need more than our standard set of pages that we like to refer to as embellishments. Here’s a partial list of additional functions we can add to your site : (these are done on a cost plus bases – call or email us for an estimate)
- Add SEO enhancements ( Search Engine Optimization)
- Calendar Function
- Mail List – newsletters to registered users
- Forum/Discussion Board
- Data base backup and management functions
- Photo Gallery
- Pod-casting functions
This is just a short list of additional add-ons that are available. If you don’t see you particular need here, contact us.
We use WordPress to create your CMS. Here’s why we think it’s the best!
- It’s free!(no additional cost to you)
- Its updated often with new features.
- Huge support for the software so you can find answers to questions easily.
- Masses of free and commercial templates available.
- Highly customizable with freely available plug-ins. Adding new features is as easy as uploading some files, and activating the plug-in.
- Quick indexing of pages if setup properly.
- Built in content scheduling meaning you can upload content and specify a date and time for its publishing. Upload 20 articles and have them drip fed over a period of weeks.
- Once it is setup, you can concentrate on the content without having to worry about creating blank pages for content from your templates, adding the content, adding links to the new pages, links on the site-maps etc.
- Online access using your web browser means you can add content from any computer, anywhere in the world.
- “WYSIWYG” editor. This stands for “What You See Is What You Get”. In other words, you can create your content in the editor, and see how it is going to look as you create it. Format headers, add images, and see it right there in the editor. I personally use a free tool called Windows Live Writer to add content to my sites, and that makes adding content to multiple WordPress sites a breeze.
- WordPress adheres to W3C standards for XHTML and CSS.
- WordPress has a built-in track-back or ping-back features.
- Easy to install.
- Comments can be posted by site visitors, naturally growing your content.